Hudson Physicians provides Diabetes Self Education Management and Support (DSMES) service.
- Education and management for Type 1 from age 18 and above
- Education and management for Type 2 for all ages
- Prediabetes Education
- Medication management and help in starting on new medications, oral medications as well as insulin and other non-insulin injectable medications
- Help with getting on pumps and CGM (continuous glucose monitoring)
- Annual review
- Additional visit when changes in disease or medications
Diabetes is a disease where the insulin and glucose from foods are not working correctly, and help is needed with diet, exercise, and/ or medication management. In general, diabetes is chronic and long term in nature but can be controlled and managed with guidance and support. We are here to help you navigate your diabetes at all stages and throughout changes in your life. Spouses and significant others are welcome at visits.
A proper foot exam can reveal signs of major systemic issues, including diabetes.
See our podiatry page for more information.