We offer the services your company needs to maintain a healthy and safe workforce. After all the exams, we will provide written reports outlining any recommendations.
Preplacement exams are conducted to assist employers in determining the appropriate job fit for employees. They consist of a health history review, vision screening (distant, peripheral and color), vital signs, height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, and physical exam. The employer will receive an examination report by mail or fax within 24 hours of the exam that consists of the following categories:
- Medically qualified — no restrictions
- Medically qualified with restrictions
- Medically recommend only after correction or control of condition or defect
- Recommendation pending further evaluation or records
We have multiple providers who are listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners. They are required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to perform DOT exams to drivers needing a Medical Examiners Certificate and for other federal or state agencies that require examinations to perform their job duties.
Our Occupational Medicine Department has the experience to make sure your employees meet the health guidelines that the DOT has established and to ensure your company is in compliance with these regulations. Drivers who pass the exam will receive a Medical Examiners Certificate at the end of their visit. A copy of the certificate will be faxed or mailed to the employer within 24 hours of the exam.
For more information, visit: https://nationalregistry.fmcsa.dot.gov/
We offer a full service drug and alcohol program that is compliant with DOT regulations, along with comprehensive Non-DOT testing programs for employers.
- Collection services for both DOT and Non-DOT
- Evidential Breath Test (EBT) for DOT and Non-DOT alcohol testing
- Certified Breath Alcohol Technicians (BAT)
- Certified Medical Review Officer (MRO)
- Hair Drug Testing
- Random pool/consortium program
We offer baseline audiometric testing, in addition to an annual hearing program for employers who are required by OHSA to be involved in a hearing conservation program. Our technicians are CAOCH certified and our calibrated equipment includes a sound booth and portable audio testing equipment.
Pre-placement Testing — It is a good idea to have a baseline hearing test done on employees who may be working in a noisy environment or for jobs that rely on specific hearing capabilities. Having a baseline test before an employee starts helps to determine if any later hearing loss may have been caused by work exposure.
Annual Testing — OSHA noise standard number 29 CFR 1910.95 requires companies to establish a hearing conservation program for employees with exposure over the PEL limits. Hudson Physicians can provide the required testing, supervision and follow up to meet these guidelines and help protect your employees’ hearing. We offer these services both at our facility or on-site.
Employers that allow or require their employees to wear a respirator must have a respiratory protection policy that includes medical evaluations and fit testing. We offer both of these services in the following manner:
- Employee fills out an OSHA compliant respiratory questionnaire.
- A Healthcare Professional will review the questionnaire and determine if the employee is medically qualified to wear a respirator. If significant health issues are identified, an exam may be required.
- Once the employee is qualified, a fit test can be completed. We offer fit testing both at our facility and on-site.
Hudson Physicians partners with Medic First Aid to provide OSHA compliant First Aid training and CPR training. This service can be scheduled at our facility or at your worksite to provide employees with the skills they need to respond to emergencies.
To learn more, visit: http://www.hsi.com/medicfirstaid/about
- Back Screening
- Worksite Evaluation and Employee Education
- On-site services available