Most of us learn about healthy diet and exercise, but sleep is rarely discussed.
Many problems with sleep can be dealt with through simple changes in routine or sleep environment.
Do you always have a good night’s sleep? Do you know how it feels to be well rested, awake and alert? Raising a family, working long hours and trying to keep up socially can contribute to feelings of exhaustion.
- Eliminate daytime napping or keep naps to 30 minutes or less, at least eight hours before bedtime.
- Keep a regular sleep schedule of seven to nine hours each night.
- Stop caffeine at least 10 hours prior to bedtime.
- Don’t drink alcohol within three hours of bedtime.
- Allow for a wind-down time to relax before bedtime.
- Physical activity improves sleep quality and increases sleep duration.
- Deal with worries, emotional topics, or planning for the next day at least two hours before bedtime.
- Use the bedroom for sleeping, intimacy, and reading only.
- Limit exposure to Blue Light at least 90 minutes prior to bedtime. Avoid screen time/TV during this timeframe.
When you’re tired of being tired, let us help.
Learn more about Sleep & CPAP services.